Well Cultured Workshop - WATER KEFIR AND NATURAL SODA
In this Water Kefir and Natural Soda class, you will learn about the principles of fermentation, the health benefits of consuming fermented drinks and why microbes are such an integral and important part of our life. We will be making water kefir, ginger bug soda and whey soda from scratch, as well as learning tricks and tips to keep your kefir grains and ginger bug happy. A great skill to have ahead of the of the hotter months - nothing better than a cold, refreshing glass of kefir or homemade soda on a scorching summer day.All materials for this water kefir and natural soda class will be supplied. All you have to bring is a 2L jar and a grater.
What we will cover in the class:
- We will be doing the first step of the Water Kefir fermentation process together with some kefir grains provided.
- You will learn how to flavour your water kefir and get an extensive guide of flavour combinations than you can then practice at home.
- We will be making a ginger bug which you can then use to make natural soda at home.
- We will be tasting several flavours of water kefir and natural soda made using different culturing methods.
- I’ll be sharing some useful tips to keep your kefir grains and ginger bug happy and healthy.
You will be able to take home:
- A freshly made batch of water kefir ready for the first fermentation with your newly acquired grains.
- A freshly made ginger bug ready to take home for fermentation.
- Another amazing handout packed with really useful info, tones of recipes and flavour combinations.
- Hopefully a lot of ideas and inspiration to start your own fizzy journey!
19th October 2021
5:30 - 7:30
110 Cuba Street, Te Aro