WE ARE HIRING!
Retail Naturopath + Medical Herbalist
At the Wellington Apothecary we are an eclectic bunch of herbalists, naturopaths, nutritionists, anthropologists, massage therapists, holistic facialists, environmentalists, political ecologists, gardeners, researchers and manufacturers. All of which enriches our approach to understanding wellbeing, people and nature. The ancient history of herbal medicine and healing philosophy inform the basis of what we know about health and wellbeing, and the effects of plants on the human body and mind. We are interested in finding a holistic approach to health and wellbeing for both our people and our land.
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Naturopath and Medical Herbalist to join us as a Naturopath, Herbalist and Retail Assistant in our busy Wellington shop, dispensary and clinic.
- Love working with people?
- Have a a passion for natural health, plant medicine and self care?
- Enjoy working in a busy, fast paced environment?
- Have strong organisational skills and attention to detail?
- Possess the ability to context switch and manage a variety of tasks?
- Have the flexibility to work autonomously and within a team?
- Providing outstanding, friendly and knowledgeable customer service.
- Offer professional over the counter practitioner advice.
- Prescribe, dispense and formulate herbal remedies.
- Manufacture herbal teas, tonics and remedies in store.
- Host informative and interactive workshops around natural health.
- Management and ordering of dispensary stock levels.
- Must have a current recognised qualification in Naturopathy and/or Herbal Medicine
- Ideally be NZAMH registered.
- Have a minimum of 2 years retail experience.
- Must have confidence in giving accurate and up to date advice and information
- Physical and mental stamina to provide consistent high quality work in a varied and high paced environment
- Must be available to work Saturdays.
This position would suit a self motivated individual who is resilient, adaptable and capable of working within a busy environment, often on a variety of tasks. Strong organisation skills and attention to detail are a must.
30 hours or more per week, Wednesday to Saturday.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
INDEPENDENT NATUROPATHS & HERBALISTS WANTED
We are looking for qualified, NZAMH registered Naturopaths and/or Herbalists to practice in our natural therapy clinic rooms. Be a self employed practitioner and rent a room on a weekly basis or Pay by Favour (room rental in exchange for time working in our Herbal Dispensary, ideal if you're trying to build up a client base.)
As a Wellington Apothecary practitioner you will enjoy
- A furnished central city therapy room with plenty of foot traffic.
- Use of our online and in store booking systems.
- Bottomless herbal tea for yourself and your clients.
- Use of our fully stocked Herbal Dispensary.
- Online marketing through our website and social media platforms
- Use of our shop cash and eftpos facilities.
- Being part of a supportive and diverse team of like-minded natural health practitioners and enthusiasts.
For further information, please email Jemma or Laura at email@example.com