Allen + Unwin
By Justine Jenkins
Simplify and planet-proof your beauty routine and dresser with Sustainable Beauty. Featuring all the eco-friendly practical information and guidance you need, plus over 20 step-by-step projects and tutorials to start making your own zero-waste beauty products. Written by leading authority and make up artist to the stars Justine Jenkins.
Did you know that...
- More than 120 billion units of packaging are produced in the global cosmetics industry annually.
- If refillable containers were used for cosmetics, as much as 70% of carbon emissions associated with the beauty industry could be eliminated.
- An estimated 70% of beauty products contain a palm oil derivative, the production of which is believed to be responsible for 8% of the world's deforestation between 1990 and 2008.
With this book you can...
- Take your first steps in creating an eco-smart dresser: learn how to read a label, and find out what natural ingredients you'll need to make your own recipes such as making your own soap and deodorant
- Make essential, nature-based cosmetics: minimize your make-up drawer and master both the application and creation of your new go-to beauty products, from multipurpose lip balms to colour mixing
- Simplify your skincare and body routines: from cleansing and toning to boosting your tan, discover your body's needs from head to toe and the secret to beautiful skin, body, hands and nails
- Get luxurious hair with low-waste practices: from hair masks to natural dyes, remedying, maintaining and styling shiny, healthy hair has never been easier with Jenkins savvy recipes, hacks and tutorials